The National Statistical System is functioning within the frame of cooperation between the National Institute of Statistics, public central and local authorities and the National Bank of Romania, each of them having a limited production and dissemination area of official statistics in Romania. Its architecture is gradually evolving over time, as specific competence is developing, according to the needs of official statistics in various fields of public interest.
The National Statistical System Committee (COMSTAT) is a consulting body, including representatives of official statistics producers, respectively of public insitutions or statisitcal profile units within a public authority or institution, belonging to the National Statistical System, which collect statistical data, process and disseminate official statistics.
COMSTAT has the main role to support the National Statistical Institute in the coordination process of the National Statistical System for the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of its development strategy and of multiannual and annual national statistical programs. COMSTAT was created according to the Law no. 226/2009 regarding the organisation and functioning of official statistics in Romania, with later modifications and completions.
In keeping with the complexity and specificity of certain topics, experts from statistical enterprises and institutions, teaching staff and other personalities, that can contribute to the solving of issues under discussion can take part in the COMSTAT works as guests.
COMSTAT composition is set up by Order of the president of the National Statistical Institute.
The representatives of the National Institute of Statistics are the members by right of COMSTAT.
COMSTAT leadership is provided by the president of the National Institute of Statistics, assisted by a technical secretariat ensured by the staff from the National Statistical Institute.
COMSTAT elaborates and approves its own organisation and functioning regulation, approved by order of the INS president.
COMSTAT components – 2014
1. Costin ILIUŢĂ - Ministry of Health
2. Alexandra CUCU - National Institute of Public Health Bucharest
3. Constantina CRISTEA - National Center of Public Health Statistics and Information
4. Cristian PETRARU - Ministry of Internal Affairs
5. Gheorghe DINU - Ministry of National Education
6. Mihaela CRISTEA-DEISS - Ministry of Transport
7. Gelu DAE - Romanian Railway Authority
8. Alexandru PELIN - National Company of Highways and National Roads from Romania
9. Carmen DUCA- Romanian Road Transport Authority
10. Sorin CEPOI - Romanian Civil Aeronautical Authority
11. Iulia IONEL - Romanian Naval Authority
12. Constantin Ghe. PĂTRAŞCU - Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development
13. Constrantin STROIE - National Agency for Fisheries and Aquaculture
14. Alecu RĂSVAN - National Agency for Land Improvements
15. Raluca MIRON - Ministry of Environment and Climate Change
16. Constanţa MOLDOVAN - National Administration "Romanian Waters"
17. Cristina PITIGOI - National Administration of Environmental Protection
18. Maria VĂLEANU - Ministry of Labour, Family, Social Protection and Elderly
19. Valentin ASULTANEI - Labour Inspection
20. Marius VULPE - National Agency for Employment
21. Daniel COSTACHE - National House of Public Pensions
22. Andreia Cristina STĂNESCU - Ministry of Information Society
23. Ana MUICĂ - Ministry of Regional Development and Public Administration
24. Mihai SERBAN - Ministry of Culture
25. Claudia LUNGU - National Library of Romania
26. Mioara SERIGEANU - National Center of Cinematography
27. Ioana BURLĂ - Ministry of Public Finances
28. Bălăşoiu CARMEN - National Agency of Fiscal Administration
29. Silvia POPA - Ministry of Economy
30. Augustin Corneliu VACU - Ministry of Justice
31. Gabriel CONDESTEANU şi Dorin STOENESCU - National Office of Trade Register
32. Romeo VASILIU - National Administration of Penitentiaries
33. Cristian IONIŢĂ - Superior Council of the Magistrature
34. Corina-Maria NECULCEA - National Agency for Consumer Protection
35. Eugenia OPRESCU - State Office for Inventions and Trademarks
36. Lusine CARACASIAN - National Authority of Energy Regulation
37. Florica DURLEA - National Sanitary Veterinary and Food Safety Authority
38. Florina SORA - National Agency for Mineral Resources
39. Bogdan VASILESCU - National Authority of Communication Management and Regulation
40. Razvan FRANCULESCU - National Audiovisual Council
41. Adriana FLOREA - Romanian Television Society
42. Elena BORCEA - Romanian Radio Broadcasting Company
43. Mircea PASCU - National Office for Prevention and Control of Money Laundering
44. Răzvan PANAIT - University of Agronomic Sciences and Veterinary Medicine
45. Irina CALCIU - National Research and Development Institute for Pedology, Agrochemistry and Environmental Protection
Last update:May 28, 2014